Volgers

zaterdag 8 augustus 2015

Huh, Washi Tape !! Again ?

Hi bloggers,
 
This is why i LOVE challenges.
When i saw the new challenge over at Scrapping 4 Fun i was
thinking what i wrote in my title. I really did. Because for the Butterfly
challenge i used washi tape for the very first time although i have a whole
stash of the stuff. I did like my card i made but i felt like i can tape down
washi tape in any colour on any card or i can die cut it but i wasn't crazed
about it so i wanted something different. But what ???? And then someone switched
on the light in my head, come and see what i did with my washi tape.....
 
Hallo bloggertjes,
 
Dit is de reden waarom ik zo GEK ben op challenges.
Toen ik bij Scrapping 4 Fun de nieuwe challenge zag dacht ik bij mezelf,
deuh, washi tape !! Alweer ? Je meent het niet. Echt dat dacht ik.
Omdat voor de butterfly challenge ik voor de allereerste keer washi tape
gebruikt heb alhoewel ik er een aardig voorraadje van heb. Ik vond die kaart
wel leuk maar vond dat ik gelijk welke washi tape in gelijk welke kleur
op gelijk welke kaart kan plakken of op een restje karton en er dan
een uitsnede van maken met een mal, dus ik was er nog steeds niet voor
gewonnen. Dus wilde ik iets geheel anders, maar wat dan ?????
En toen deed er iemand het licht aan in mijn hoofd. Kom kijken wat ik
Imet mijn washi tape heb gedaan.......
 
 

 
I took two rolls of washi tape two colours i also used on my other card.
I took the glitter pink and the glitter grey. I like these two together.
And on a piece of white cardstock i taped on and on the pink and the
grey strips. On the pic you can see i'm almost at the bottom. ;-)
 
Ik heb 2 rolletjes washi tape genomen, twee van de kleuren die ik ook op
mijn andere kaart heb gebruikt. Glitter roze en glitter grijs.
Die 2 zijn wel een mooie combi. Op een stuk wit kaartkarton heb ik dan
om en om de grijze en de roze strippen gekleefd. Op de foto zie je dat ik
bijna beneden ben. ;-)
 

 
The edges i just turned around and since it's self adhesive it
sticks at the back. Then i took out an embossing folder placed my
washi tape piece in between and ran it through my Big Shot.
 
De overschot aan de randen heb ik gewoon omgevouwen, aangezien de
washi tape toch zelfklevend is kleeft het mooi vast aan de achterzijde.
Dan heb ik een embossing folder genomen en mijn washi tape
paneel ertussen gestoken en door de Big Shot gedraaid.
 

 
Here's a better close up. I think it looks beautiful.
Hier is een betere close up. Ik denk dat het er heel mooi uitziet, niet ?
 
In my opinion this embossed panel looked very beautiful by itself,
so i wanted to keep the rest of my design rather sober to keep
the focus on the washi tape panel.
 
In mijn opinie ziet het embossed paneel er erg mooi uit op zichzelf,
dus wilde ik de rest van de kaart eerder sober houden om de focus op
het washi tape paneel te houden.
 

My card base is pink mother-of-pearl cardstock. I am so not sure if this is
the correct expression for this kind of paper, i looked in the dictionary but
it sounds so strange to me. Anyway on top of that i layered my embossed washi
tape panel. From the same cardstock ( a left over piece) i die cut the
label and i die cut the butterfly. I took a small plain black ribbon to keep it
simple and not to distract from the washi panel.
 
Mijn basis kaart is roos parelmoer kaartkarton. daarop het geemboste
washi tape paneel gekleeft. Uit een restje van hetzelfde parelmoer
karton het label en de vlinder gesneden. Een eenvoudig zwart lintje
gebruikt om het geheel rustig te houden en niet af te leiden van het washi stuk.
 
On each wing of the butterfly i added 3 drops of white ice stickles.
Op elke vleugel heb ik 3 druppels witte ice stickles aangebracht.

 
And then finally my sentiment, one word that says it all.
From time to time i need to have more faith in myself. The faith
i can pull it off. To be honest i am rather happy with how this
little adventure turned out. Hope you like it too.
 
Tot slot mijn tekst "Geloof" dat zegt alles. Van tijd tot tijd moet ik
wat meer in mezelf geloven, geloven dat ik het kan klaar spelen.
Om heel eerlijk te zijn, ben ik eigenlijk wel tevreden met hoe dit kleine
avontuurtje is afgelopen. Ik hoop dat jullie het ook mooi vinden.
 
And that is why i like challenges, because they pull me out of my
safe zone. Whithout them i would always be making a card in the style
or with the materials i am familiar with and then all my cards would look
the same. But these challenges puch me to think further, to think
beyond my border, my limits, to think outside the box.
En dat is waarom ik zo van challenges houd, omdat ze me uit mijn veilige
zone trekken. Zonder zou ik steeds kaarten maken in de stijl of met
de materialen waar ik heel vertrouwd mee ben en dan zouden mijn
kaarten er allemaal hetzelfde uitzien. Maar nu dankzij de challenges
wordt ik gedwongen om verder te kijken, voorbij mijn grenzen te gaan,
voorbij mijn beperkingen, om outside the box te denken.
 
I would like to enter this card into following challenges:
 
Fab 'n' Funky  # 269 - No Patterned Papers
 
Cute Card Thursday  # 385 - One Word
 
Creative Card Crew   # 93 - Glitter or anything that sparkles
I have used glitter washi tape and ice stickles that glitter
 
Cut It Up  # 77 - Animals
My animal is the butterfly and my die cut is the label and
the butterfly.
 
 
In The Pink  # 75 - Anything Goes
 
Scrapping 4 Fun  # 48 - AG with Washi Tape
 
Creative Fingers  # 89 - Anything Goes
 
Butterfly Challenge  # 36 - Butterflies + W is for Washi Tape
 
 
Just to let you all know, that as from now on I officially like
washi tape and yesterday i even bought 3 new rolls LOL Yep I really did !
 
Gewoon om jullie te laten weten, vanaf nu ben ik officieel gewonnen voor
washi tape en gisteren heb ik zelfs nog 3 nieuwe rolletjes gekocht.
Jawel, echt waar ! LOL
 
Thank you allso much for visiting and for leaving me a comment.
I love reading your comments each time. Enjoy the weekend
and see you next time, hugs Veerle x
 
Dank u wel allemaal voor jullie bezoekjes en berichtjes.
Ik lees ze telkens weer met heel veel plezier. Geniet van het weekend
en graag tot de volgende keer, liefs, Veerle x
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

27 opmerkingen:

Sarah zei

Great job Veerle and another use for washi!! I never know what to do with it, except using it for holding down dies!! xx

Nessa's Crafty Place zei

Ha!Welcome to the Washi obsession Veerie!!Another lovely card-and I agree with you about taking part in challenges,it's good to try new things and new techniques :)
Have a lovely weekend,NessaXXX

martina's kaartjes zei

nu ga je echt helemaal los ! veel plezier met deze nieuwe verslaving hahahaha !
het resultaat is helemaal toppie ! mooi gedaan
grtjs,martina
x

Ingrid's Scrapfrutsels zei

Zo wat een mooie kaart heb je ervan gemaakt Veerle, het idee washi tape, heb jij nu op een andere manier gebruikt. Vaak zie je het op je kaart, maar jij maakte er echt een basisachtergrond van met embossing mal nog wel. Heel leuk bedacht. Groetjes, Ingrid.

klaproos43 zei

Hallo Veerle,
Ik loop een heel eind achter en we zijn veel buiten en op pad. Je kaarten zijn weer schitterend en heel mooi, dat huwelijkskaartje is leuk, maar die condoleance heel fijntjes en een leuk idee met die washi tape, zelf heb ik ook nog zoveel. Fijn weekend en liefs van Lydiaxxx

aussie aNNie zei

So much you can do with washi tape...
Beautiful creation and fabulous colours used, love the whole concept of this creation...
Hope your weekend is good. xx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Claudia's kaartjes zei

Hoi Veerle,

Supertoffe kaart;

grtjs
Claudia

Liz zei

WOW! I stunning card Veerle, what a great idea to emboss the washi tape! xx

Fikreta zei

great idea
Beautiful card
hugs

Ans Gilbert zei

Leuk idee om het washi tape zo te gebruiken, je kaartje is erg mooi geworden,
groetjes,
Ans

Pamellia zei

Wow Veerle, what a super creative way to use washi tape, and gorgeous to boot!! hugs :)

My Card Attic: Hazel zei

Great use of that washi tape Veerle, my dear friend! That butterfly is gorgeous too! Lovely! Have a lovely weekend! Hazel xx

KarinsArtScrap zei

een hele leuke kaart Veerle
Gr Karin

Mrs A. zei

Sorry for pushing you boundaries Veerle but my this is wonderful. I love what you have created with the washi tape. Ingenious. Thankyou for fluttering by again and thinking outside of the box. HugsMrs A.

Creations by Shirl zei

That is a great way of doing the washi tape embossed...I've never tried it and will have to give it a shot at it...
Beautifully done!

Kathy Schweinfurth zei

Lovely card! I love the idea of embossing the washi tape...what a fabulous idea!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cut It Up Challenges!

KraftyKoolKat zei

Really pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

Laine zei

Lovely creation Veerle. Love the shimmer.
Laine
xx

Chrissy zei

What a fabulous technique and stunning result Veerle...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Gerrina zei

Tjeetje, heb je even geen blogromdjes gemaakt, heb jij weer zoveel mooie kaarten erop gezet! Mooi die bladeren CaS-kaart en tweede CaS-kaart! Die bloemenkaart is ook prachtig'knalt gewoon van het scherm... en deze is bijzonder met deze techniek! Fijn weekend verder!

Susan Sudbury zei

What a beautiful card!! I love your idea, and the result, of embossing the washi tape!! I have so much of it, too; but don't ever know what to do. Thanks for sharing this with us at Creative Fingers this time!!!
Susan

KT Fit Kitty zei

A wonderful idea to emboss the glittery washi tape background! I love the sparkle! The butterfly has some shimmer too! Thank you so much for joining the Butterfly Challenge!

martine zei

Hallo Veerle,
dat is weer een super mooie kaart geworden fijne zondag liefs van martine

Cut It Up Challenge Blog zei

My washi is also underutilized, but I may have found inspiration from your beautifully embossed panel. I love it! I love the understated style of your card and its soft colors.

Thanks for joining us for our Animals challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Scrapping4funChallenges zei

Stunning card, love the glitter washi tape and the embossing!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Jane Willis zei

What a wonderful way to use the Washi tape, I think you've converted me to it!
The term Mother of pearl is correct, and I think I know why it's called that. It looks rather like the pearly finish you get inside an oyster shell - I think another word for it is nacré - and the oyster is the "mother" of the pearl that grows inside the shell.
jane

Christine L zei

A very clever layout and a fabulous card!

Thanks for joining in the fun at In The Pink... good luck and hope we see you again soon!

Christine x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...